Sunday 17 October 2010

Welcome!

Wow, it's like entering a new house, right?
Except I'm not moving completely.

I am starting this new blog, completing deshautsetdesbananes, for a very simple reason: this weekend I attended the European Summit for Global Transformation in Amsterdam. I have to say, it is one of the most powerful experiences of my life. And trust me, this year I've had my fair share of powerful experiences!


From Friday evening until this afternoon, I sat, listened, talked, exchanged with wonderful and amazing people. What these people do everyday is very simple: they create miracles. And miracles happen because one day, they decided to do something. They started small, and ended up doing great things.

However they haven't finished the job peeps. How can it ever be finished? What they've accomplished so far leaves me speechless, and I have no doubt that what they will accomplish will be even greater. But they need help. Our help.

Truth be told, this morning I cried. I cried a lot. I think all the water in my body escaped through tears this morning. I cried because there was so much to be done, and I didn't know what to do. How can I help? I don't have anything, I can't contribute a lot financially, I I I I . Wow, what an optimistic point of view, right? And what does it have to do with me? This is greater than my miserable selfish self!

Now I've calmed down, got some rest on the train back to Brussels (rest helps a lot peeps), and there I am, writing my first post on my second blog, like I needed something that would take me more time.
But I'm not writing for me. I'm writing for all these people out there who need help, any kind of help.

I will do my best to explain who they are, what they do, and what they need. And if you can help, please do. It could be as simple as sharing the information.

The global party starts tomorrow. Meanwhile here is a hint: generosity. Yeah I know, heavy for a Sunday evening, but it doesn't have to be ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Enjoyed meeting you at the European Summit. Look forward to following your life transformation. Good Luck. Let me know if I can be of help.

    Will

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great initiative! Let's meet (in Brussels) and make good for what we failed to share (in Amsterdam) - @cdn

    ReplyDelete